Monday 4 July 2011

Room by Emma Donoghue

What is this book about I hear you ask?

This book is an incredible tale about a young 5 year old boy called Jack, who has lived all of his life in one room with his mother. It is a tale told through the eyes and mind of Jack, what he thinks, what he feels and it is compelling right from the very first line.

It was completely different to anything that I have ever read before, at times it was hard going, at times it was funny, at times you just didn't know what was going to happen next. It is the best book I think I have ever read and the best book of 2011 for me.

This was a book that I never wanted to end. Every paragraph I read, the more I loved it, the more I wanted to meet little Jack and the language that was used was perfect and made you actually believe his character and of course his Mum.

It was fantastically written and all I am hoping for, is a sequel! If you haven't read it yet, you can pick it up at Amazon: Amazon US link and Amazon.co.uk link

If you want to have a look around what "Room" is all about, have a wander around Room for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your review on Room, I to have read, or rather tried to read this book, but actually I gave up! I just could not get into it, the style of writing really bugged me and I actually found it a hard slog, even though there were such awesome reviews about it! Guess that is the joy of reading, not every book is for every person! Thanks for sharing and love the blog!

    ReplyDelete