Monday 18 July 2011

REVIEW: Mommy May I - A.K. Alexander

This was another book that I saw that interested me on the kindle, up to now, I had been buying chick lit/romantic books but this looked an interesting thriller and one genre that I would like to read a little bit
more of.

The description of this was: Helena Shea is putting her life back together. Once a highly paid supermodel and now the owner and CEO of her own modeling agency, a recent bitter scandal that nearly destroyed Helena and the daughter she gave up for adoption years ago seems to be settling down. With a chance to have a relationship with her daughter, Frankie, and the development of a center for wayward young mothers that Helena is funding, it looks as if life is turning around for mother and daughter. However...
A killer raised amidst evil and seeking revenge is targeting Helena. Leaving a trail of blood in his wake, this sadist plans his return into Helena's life. When the madman abducts Frankie, Helena fears she might never see her daughter again. Seeking help from the journalist who almost destroyed her, an FBI agent with suspicions toward her, as well as her ex-lover who is also Frankie’s father, Helena must find the strength to fight past addictions and see her daughter back home again—alive.
Prepare to lock your doors. This eerie thriller will have you up late into the night looking over your shoulder. It is as equally compelling as it is disturbing.

 This was on the whole, a good read, it did take me a little time to get into but once I was there, I was captivated at what was going to happen next. The story was told in a very believable fashion and you could empathise with the characters.

The only negatives I had with this book were that I felt it was not proofread very well, there were spelling mistakes and when you got to the end of the chapter, you had to press next several times, in order to get to the next chapter but the book is cheap and well worth a buy.

This is the cover:

It is available for 86p in the Amazon UK store and $3.51 in the Amazon US store. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow..that IS cheap! I love thrillers.. I devour them. Now and then I take a break from the gore and heart-in-my-mouth moments and read a chick lit one and I do enjoy that too.

    I must check this one out ;-)

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete